Hi there, I'm Lisa!Nice to meet you!
I am a Graphic/Web Designer with 5+ years of industry experience living in Carmel, IN. Growing up, I had two very different passions: Veterinary Medicine and Art & Design. I worked as a Veterinary Assistant for 10 years before realizing the doctor’s life was not for me. I decided to chase my other dream instead, and went back to school in 2013 for Graphic Design. After graduating in 2017, my fiancé and I moved from northwest Indiana to Fishers to live in a bigger metropolitan area. We bought a home and moved to Carmel, IN in late 2020.
My interests include everything nerdy (from video games to board games, Harry Potter to Firefly, cosplay to conventions) and spending time with friends, family, and pets. I also love learning all there is to learn about websites, design strategy, latest technologies, and space.
Carmel, IN (April 2019 – Present) – Web/Graphic Designer
- Graphic Design – designing fresh, eye-catching marketing materials, data sheets, case studies, white papers, and sales slicks
- Website Design – revamping the website, fixing errors, improving SEO, adding features and updates
- New Website Design & Development – designed and implemented 2 new websites including a user-based community
- Events – Designing trade show booth graphics for several trade shows every year
Fishers, IN (May 2018 – Mar 2019) – Web/Graphic Designer
- Client Communication and Consulting – conceptualizing a client’s vision and working closely with clients throughout the design process
- Content Strategy – Website wireframe, sitemap and page structure composition
- Website Design – Designed and presented website mockups via Sketch and Invision
- Branding – Company logo, stationery, and eCommerce product design
- Responsive Website Front-end Development – implementing responsive websites via WordPress using Divi Theme
- Cross-department Collaboration – collaborating with the production team, UX team, and other developers to design compelling, performant user interfaces
- Multi-tasking – Managed 20+ client projects at a time, utilizing project management tools such as Asana and Trello
JM2 Webdesigners & Marketing
Valparaiso, IN (Oct 2016 – Feb 2018) – Website Designer
- Website Design and Maintenance – designing, developing and managing responsive websites using custom CMS
- Client Consulting and Communication – working directly with clients to establish project scope, interaction guidelines, and project timelines
- Branding – handling all composition, color, illustration, typography, and branding for client projects using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media and Blogs
Indiana University Northwest
Gary, IN (Aug 2017 – Feb 2018) – Graphic Designer
- Promotional Event Flyer and Poster Design – Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Portfolio Creation and Organization
Indiana University Northwest
(2013 – 2017) – Gary, IN
Bachelor of Fine Arts & Computer Information Systems
Adobe Creative Suite
Attention to Detail
Now that we’ve got the technicalities out of the way, care to see my work?